18 Jul Getting Back On Track And Achieving Your Goals
You probably read my last post for planning your goals for the remainder of 2017? If not, you can catch up here (but obviously, make sure you come back to this one afterwards!). At this point, we’re halfway through 2017… perhaps you planned goals but haven’t made the desired progress to achieve them? Or maybe you’re only just thinking about these goals now? It happens to all of us; kids, family, work and other commitments take priority and we lose focus! At this point, the worst thing to do is start beating yourself up about it- you don’t want to start stirring up negative thoughts and emotions surrounding these goals. Here are my tips for getting yourself back on track, helping you to achieve them for a great second half of 2017.
Tips To Getting Your Goals Back On Track
- Stay Positive! Just because it didn’t work out as you planned there’s no need to feel down about your goal. If it’s still on your goal list and it’s still relevant, then start to think positively about how you will achieve it and what you’ll feel like when you get there.
- Make A Start! The smallest start will make you feel better, even if it means sitting down and writing down a plan of action for each of your goals. The start is always the hardest bit of any goal, so doing something, anything towards helping you achieve your goals will get on your way.
- Review! Perhaps now is a good time to review your goals and analyse whether they were specific enough and are still relevant to your personal or business plans. More often than not, we push back goals on our priority list because they are no longer applicable. If this is the case, adjust them accordingly or make them more specific to suit your lifestyle.
- Get Time Serious! We all have a lot to do, we all have big to-do lists, but setting aside time will really help you get on top of your goals. Consider blocking out time in your diary every week or month to make some progress. Diarising your intentions makes it easier to stick to them and you can avoid other distractions that may come your way.
- Phone A Friend! Pick up the phone to a friend, family member, talk with a coach, business mentor or personal trainer every week or month to make sure you’re on track to achieving your goal. Making ourselves accountable for our goals can really help in achieving them as we feel a responsibility to live up to the expectations we have set.
- Don’t Stress It! Sometimes when we’re overworked, running around and have a huge to-do list we get tightly wound and stressed out. A big de-stress is sometimes all we need to find our focus and manage our time and energy a bit better. I’ve written a new self-study programme; 30 Days To De-Stress For Success. Perhaps it’s all you need to help you find your way back, feel calm, confident and on top of that task list.
How have you been getting on with your goals? Have you completed them already and are you setting new ones for yourself or business? Or, are you stuck in a rut and can’t get ahead? Email me: email@example.com or connect with me on social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. I’d love to be able to help you reach your goals.